Monday, October 1, 2012

Older Stuff

Here are my diagrams for my mundane object, a sewing needle, and one from my practice, my drum kit.


Drum Kit

 

"Gods"

Values that emerge from normal use include a gathering of people to hear or practice music. Rhythms give rise to different sensibilities of motion.

"Mortals"

This type of instrument brings about certain kinds of music. Also gives rise to a player that is able to coordinate limb movements in a greater variety of ways.

"Sky"

This kind of practice reveals a certain percussive version of organized sound within the context of Western music. I have seen the elements of such an instrument used differently to generate drone notes and other effects. In my own practice however I tend towards a more conventional use of the kit. To me this is a dance, a leisure activity. Like most musical instruments I see it as an extension of vocal abilities or a type of singing.

Sewing Needle



No comments:

Post a Comment